|Gradient heart nail tutorial.|
|Firstly, gather your equipment.|
- A make-up sponge
- A very fine paintbrush, or a black nail art pen.
- A base colour, I have gone for lilac.
- Three shades of one colour. I have chosen blue, but you could go with any colours as long as you have a pale one, a medium one, and a dark one.
- A clear topcoat.
- Cotton wool bugs, (to clear up any mess around your nail.)
- Small scissors
- Masking tape, (it is important you use a tape that is not too sticky, as it may rip off your base coat.
|Paint your base coat onto your nail.|
|Cut a heart out of your masking tape.|
|Place the tape onto your nail.|
|Paint the darkest colour onto the edge of your sponge.|
|Paint the middle shade next to it.|
|Paint on the lightest shade.|
|Sponge the polish onto some paper a few times.|
|Sponge the gradient onto the heart.|
|Peel off the tape.|
Now, you can either leave it like this, and simply paint a topcoat over it. OR you can be extra jazzy and do what I did:
|Get your paintbrush and a small blob of black nail polish.(Alternatively you could use a nail art pen.)|
|Paint a thin line around the edge.|
Happy Valentines! From J&M xx